This is an advanced qualification for those seeking career advancement in the field of network design and management.
It should appeal to those who wish to obtain multiple certifications while achieving a widely recognised IT qualification.
What will I learn?
This qualification provides IT training in a range of skill sets, including:
- Design, installation and management of computer networks and network technologies
- Troubleshooting of computers and computer networks
- Planning of computer networks and technologies
- Implementation and maintenance of various network technologies including Wi-Fi
- Virtualisation technologies
- Microsoft Exchange Server
Completion of the programme takes the following length of time (approximately):
- Full-time study: up to 16 months
Based on 5 shifts/week on campus of approximately 5 hours/shift + 12.5 hours/week home study
- Part-time study: up to 33 months
Based on a minimum of 12 hours on campus/week + 6 hours/week home study (Note: Part-time study is only available to domestic students).
Duration includes approximately 11 weeks of holidays and leave (annual & public holidays and allowance for sickness & unforeseen circumstances)
2018 Start Dates
- 5 February, 12 March, 16 April, 21 May, 25 June, 30 July, 3 September, 8 October, 12 November
Our Diploma in Advanced Network Engineering covers a wide range of material, including:
- Introduction to Linux
- Program design concepts
- Introduction to virtualisation
- Configuring Windows
- Windows Desktop Support Technician
- Structured Query Language
- Unified Modeling Language
- Cisco Networking
- Introduction to Exchange Server
- Configuring Exchange Server
- Group development project
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist
- Professional development program
- Employment preparation and planning
- MCSA:Windows Server
Major Qualification Goals
Upon completion of this IT qualification, students will be able to:
- Complete computing tasks and functions in a number of operating system environments.
- Configure and administer a local area network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network problems and manage network security.
- Communication security, infrastructure security, cryptography, access control, authentication, hacking and operational security.
- Understand and configure virtual machines.
- Understand and configure Microsoft Exchange Server.
This qualification offers training towards the most highly sought-after, globally recognised vendor certifications:
- CompTIA: Project+
- CompTIA: Security+
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Configuring Windows
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
- MCSA:Windows Server
What do I need to start?
- All Students: To gain entry to the qualification, applicants must undertake Computer Power Plus's Internal Aptitude (Entrance) Test and meet the required score level relevant to the qualification.
- Applicants must have completed an IT Diploma at NZQA Level 5 or higher equivalent IT Diploma.
- International Students Only: An additional English language requirement must also be met - IELTS 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5) or equivalent. Testing must have taken place with two years of qualification commencement. Students may be exempt from IELTS requirements if they can provide clear evidence that satisfies one of NZQA’s criteria for existing English proficiency. <See NZQA website for more details. (Note: CPP is a category 2 provider)
This qualification can complement your existing skills and qualifications or provide further opportunities in your current role. It can also prepare you for a number of career opportunities including:
- Network Engineer
- Network Security Technician
- Service Administration
- Network Administration
- Systems Support
- Second Level Hardware Support
- Second Level Helpdesk
- Self Employed
Future Career Possibilities
- Network Manager
- Network Security Manager/Professional
- Service Manager
- IT Manager
Programme Fees Guide
Fees include all campus based learning guides, texts, and access to resources, except
vendor certificate exams.
2018 Domestic Student Fees:
$10,404 + $500 enrolment fee
2018 International Student Fees:
NZ $29,470 + $500 enrolment fee (GST inclusive)
NOTE: Qualification fees are a guide only. Actual fees will depend on when a programme is started and what year the qualification is completed. If fees are increased in 2018, students may be required to pay the extra on any remaining courses of the programme that need to be completed beyond 2017.
How to Enrol
Apply to Enrol Online
Computer Power Plus specialises in IT training. You can study IT at one of our three training centres: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch.